My Organic Poultry Project




In my pursuit of an organic revolution in Nigeria, I am undertaking a broiler project with the following objectives:

  1. To reduce the cost of chicken vaccination by fortifying broilers with natural herbs that are both powerful and cost-effective.


  2. To improve feed conversion ratio by utilizing fermented conventional feeds to grow super-sized broilers within three months that will outperform conventional farming results. While this revolution may not be comprehensive, it will provide a cheaper alternative to relying heavily on drugs to produce broilers.

I have purchased 50 broilers from Chi Farm at a cost of 220 Naira per chick, totaling 11,800 Naira. In addition, I have purchased a bag of top feed broiler starter at 3,210 Naira, with transportation costing 500 Naira. To fortify the broilers, I will be using lactobacillus and garlic extract, which cost 2,000 Naira each per liter, totaling 4,000 Naira. I have 51 birds, and there have been no mortalities since delivery.

To support their growth, I will be serving the chicks fermented feed of lactobacillus and garlic extract in water throughout the project. In four days, I will introduce bamboo shoots to handle coccidiosis.

I intend to keep my costs as low as possible, and I have not administered any vaccinations, except for the standard Marek's vaccination given at the hatchery. You are welcome to join me on this journey and witness how I achieve astonishing results by deviating from the norm.


Comments

  1. Hi, a very big kudos to u. I am a regular follower of ur thread on nairaland cos I also have some 7 weeks broiler but inorganically and they are doing grt but I decided to comment and check ur web bcos av fallen in love wit ur organic poultry and m also looking towards layers against January gods willing but will not mind if u can add me on whatsapp for some more tutorials on d organic method so as to reduce my subsequent costs. Here is mine 08036690688, thank u sir in anticipate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, a very big kudos to u. I am a regular follower of ur thread on nairaland cos I also have some 7 weeks broiler but inorganically and they are doing grt but I decided to comment and check ur web bcos av fallen in love wit ur organic poultry and m also looking towards layers against January gods willing but will not mind if u can add me on whatsapp for some more tutorials on d organic method so as to reduce my subsequent costs. Here is mine 08036690688, thank u sir in anticipate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,Mr Saka, I visited your blog today and I must say I am inspired to follow the path of organic farming. Pls I need you to mentor me. Can you give me a run down of the organic products I will need for my cucumber and tomatoes farm. I am based in Benin City.

    ReplyDelete


  4. Unknown
    5 seconds ago(archived)

    Hello,Mr Saka, I visited your blog today and I must say I am inspired to follow the path of organic farming. Pls I need you to mentor me. Can you give me a run down of the organic products I will need for my cucumber and tomatoes farm. I am based in Benin City.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment